Statement of Faith
Kansas City Christian is committed to educating and training students in a manner that conforms to the Word of God. We are a community of diverse church and denominational families, and we desire to minister to as many students and families as possible. Accordingly, KCC desires to be as inclusive as possible within the bounds of Scriptural truth. To that end, it is important to specify the Scriptural truths that unify our community:
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are the supreme and final authority in Faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also the spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and, in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, manifest themselves as sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in "that blessed hope," the personal premillennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.