Giving FAQ's

Who do I contact if I have any questions about giving?
Please contact our Controller, Susan Watterson, at 913.648.5227 or

What does my donation pay for?
Unless you specifically direct your donation, all donations go to the Annual KCC Fund, which is an unrestricted fund that ensures student, faculty and campus excellent every year. If you are interested in contributing to our Scholarship Fund, Urban Education Initiative Fund or learning more about specific ways to support the school, please contact Susan Watterson, Controller, at 913.648.5227 or

How can I give?
Credit Card donations can be made here KCC uses PayPal to process our credit card transactions, but you do NOT need a PayPal account to make a donation. Most major credit cards, including VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are accepted.

Checks can be mailed to:
Kansas City Christian School
4801 West 79th Street
Prairie Village, KS 66208

If you are interested in donating securities, making a bequest, or providing an in-kind donation, please contact Susan Watterson, Controller at 913-648-5227 or 

Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes, KCC is a non-profit organization under section 501 (c ) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Tax ID #48-0623381. In addition to receiving a receipt for each tax-deductible gift you make, you will receive an end of year giving statement.

Why should I donate securities instead of making a gift by cash or check?
Donating securities may be more tax advantageous for you as you avoid any capital gains tax you would normally pay. Please consult your professional advisor for information on your specific situation.

How do I donate securities?
You can mail or hand deliver properly endorsed securities to the Accounting Office at the school.The easier and more common way to donate securities is by electronic transfer.  Using this method, your securities will be deemed effectively transferred when they are electronically received in our brokerage account.  If you wish to make such a transfer, please contact Susan Watterson, Controller at  so that you can be provided with instructions.

How do I determine the value of my securities for tax deduction purposes?
For securities held more than a year, your tax deduction is determined by taking the average of the high and low price on the day it is transferred from your account multiplied by the number of shared donated. Your professional advisor should be able to provide you with all this information. KCC will provide you with a receipt noting the date and number of shares we received. You should consult your financial advisor on your specific situation.